Relocating to New Home in Sugar Land
One of the Most Affluent and Fastest-Growing Cities in Texas
Sugar Land, located in eastern Fort Bend County, is approximately 20 miles southwest of downtown Houston. Sugar Land is a full-service municipality providing the highest quality of affordable services to meet the needs of its citizens. Master-planned communities working with top Sugar Land home builders and welcoming neighborhoods enhance home values and create a sense of belonging. The community offers outstanding schools, libraries, civic organizations and other resources that make Sugar Land a great place to work, live and raise a family.
Major employers include Aetna US Healthcare, Baker Pertrolite, Inc., Southwest Water Company, Fluor Corporation, ONDEO Nalco, Schlumberger Companies and Suntron Corporation. Sugar Land's aggressive economic development program has created a business-friendly environment, one that includes a variety of incentives, including a corporate aviation facility.
Fort Bend County is a thriving suburb of Houston, the nation’s fourth largest city. With this proximity, new homebuyers relocating to Fort Bend County and interested in Sugar Land new homes will be able to enjoy the conveniences of a larger city while living in a county that strives to be the most family-friendly community in Texas. It has consistently been on lists of top places to live, work and play. See below for some of the top reasons you might consider your new home in Fort Bend County.
Live in Sugar Land in Fort Bend County
Sugar Land and Fort Bend County have been recognized by a variety of studies as an outstanding community in which to raise your family. The city and county have been ranked for its safety, education, low cost of living, diversity and growth over the past few years. For families interested in relocating and new homes in Sugar Land, whether it be from another part of the city or another state all together, here are just a few statistics about living in Sugar Land and Fort Bend County*.
- Ranked among top 5 of Best Small Cities to Live in America — WalletHub (2020)
- No. 16 on list of Fastest-Growing Cities in America — WalletHub (2020)
- Best Suburb to Live — Niche.com (2020)
- Best Places to Live in the Houston Area — Niche.com (2020)
- No. 8 Best Small Towns to Retire in America — GoBankingRates.com (2020)
- No. 9 on list of Best Cities to Live in Texas — ChamberOfCommerce.org (2019)
- 811,688 residents strong and projected to grow - US Census Bureau, 2020
- Fastest growing county in the U.S. 2013-2016
- Fort Bend remains the 10th largest county in Texas – U.S. Census Bureau, 2020
- National leader in ethnic diversity–U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey
- Regional leader in high school graduation rate - U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey
Work in Sugar Land in Fort Bend County
Sugar Land has over 15 million square feet of office and industrial space with 7.1 million square feet of destination retail, dining and entertainment. Fort Bend County also has a thriving corporate community, with many Fortune 500 companies and small businesses taking advantage of the county's pro-business environment, fiscal strength, educated workforce and low unemployment.
- Fort Bend ranked #3 in employment growth in the U.S.- US Department of Labor, First Quarter 2009
- Fort Bend ranked 5th in nation for job growth - CNN / Money Magazine, August 2010
- One of Forbes’ 25 “Top Towns to Live Well” boasting cultural amenities, enviable salaries and a pro-business environment with highly educated workforce (55% with bachelor’s degree and higher)
Play in Sugar Land and Fort Bend County
Sugar Land new homes in Fort Bend County are complemented by the good weather, planned open and green spaces as well as the numerous area attractions.
- Sugar Land listed as one of “Top Suburbs to Live Well” - Forbes.com, May 2009
- Over 60 wide-open parks and over 204 days of sunshine a year