Restaurants & Shopping Right in your Backyard
Johnson Development does not own or manage Imperial Market. In 2016, the General Land Office and Cherokee Development sold approximately 23 acres to Imperial Market Development, LLC., which is managed by Geoff Jones and James Murnane.
Read below for information on the Market and visit the website to discover the latest news and for leasing contacts handled by Transwesten Development.
The historic buildings of the Imperial Sugar Company are about to take on new life as a vibrant destination for food, retail and fun within walking distance of Imperial. Imperial Market will transform historic and iconic elements such as the Char House, silos and warehouses into restaurants, shops, offices and even a hotel. Here are some of the exciting details:
- Imperial Market is an 855,000-square-foot mixed-use lifestyle center being developed in Imperial.
- The site is the iconic home of the original Imperial Sugar Company Refinery, founded in 1843.
- Imperial Market will comprise 290,000 square feet of upscale retail and restaurant space, 90,000 square feet of “A” quality office space, a 274-unit luxury residential complex and a 185-room, high-end boutique hotel with an adjacent building housing 10,000 square feet of conference/meeting space and a fitness center.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema will open a 10-screen complex with 1,100 luxury seats, as well as food prepared on-site and delivered directly to moviegoers’ seats. A selection of craft brews and cocktails also will be available.
- Additional tenants slated to open include Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen, Mia Bella Trattoria, the high-end Guild Bar lounge and The Company Town, a coffee shop and café.
- The Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center and the Sugar Land Heritage Foundation and Visitor Center have already opened.
- The renowned Houston architect, Roger Soto of HOK, has designed Imperial Market in such a way as to respect and preserve its historic significance.
Imperial Market is owned by a 3rd party.
Visit ImperialMkt.com for more information!